This position is 15-20 hours per week. The hours and workdays vary but are contingent upon the needs of the General Public Transportation Department unless prevented by weather conditions. A clean driving record is required and salary is based on experience. This is a great opportunity for retirees or persons wanting a flexible work schedule.
Qualifications and Training
The Norton County General Public Transit Services fully adheres to FTA Drug and Alcohol Testing regulations and strictly enforces a drug-free workplace. You must pass a pre-employment drug screening and submit to random drug screenings. If a drug test is refused it will result in immediate dismissal of employment.
- Education: Must have High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Experience- Previous bus driving experience is encouraged, but not required. Training will be provided. You must complete RTAP: START online learning before being able to operate the vehicle without supervision. Further training is required by KDOT every two years, drivers must participate in courses the transit manager has registered them for to maintain employment. Basic computer knowledge is helpful and will be necessary for this position.
- Certifications- Drivers will be required to pass a CDL physical within 14 days from the date of hire.
- Equipment- Drivers will operate transit vehicles, manual and automatic wheelchair ramps and lifts, personal telephones, and other equipment necessary.
- Safety Standards and Practices-All drivers will be required to acquire a thorough knowledge of safety standards and practices for operating the transit vehicles and equipment involved in the job tasks. Drivers must continuously learn and implement all new procedures, regulations, and requirements with respect to safety within the organization.
- Communication- All drivers must have the ability to effectively use oral and written communication in performing duties and responsibilities.
Stop by the Norton County Senior Center Monday through Friday from 8-4pm to pick up an application... 208 W Main St. Inquiries may be made to email@example.com or call 785-877-5352.