Role: To serve as a vital member of the operations staff to ensure and maintain the integrity of the electrical distribution system. Engineering knowledge and judgement will be utilized to convey accurate information and necessary system requirements for both the present and future.
Reports to: Operations Manager Oversees: Non-supervisory position Responsibilities:
1. Serve as the system administrator for the SCADA system.
i. Monitor daily operations to maintain sound system functionality and usability.
ii. Build and map new views to easily convey data to operations personnel.
iii. Add new devices and respective point lists to the database.
iv. Teach others how to interpret data and interact with the SCADA system.
2. Offer technical support to operations staff in troubleshooting abnormal sequences and patterns in line loss figures.
3. Offer support and potential solutions to special equipment staff for the purpose of troubleshooting and alleviating power quality
4. Communicate with line personnel. Assistance will be needed in protection coordination, transformer/service conductor sizing, and member complaint resolution.
5. Establish communication with all involved parties for large projects. Such projects may
include the construction of a new substation or the safe energization of a large load.
6. Offer support to member services personnel for the purpose of distributed generation interconnections.
1. Contribute potential projects to the construction work plan based on sound engineering practices and judgement with an eye
toward improved reliability and cost savings.
2. Offer technical recommendations on new load additions.
i. Studies may include voltage sustainability, motor start flicker analysis,
and voltage support.
3. Prepare plans following studies regarding voltage profile improvement, phase balancing, power factor correction, system
capacity, protective device coordination, and system protection.
4. Routinely analyze the system for irregularities and potential problems using engineering analysis software.
5. Assist in developing conceptual distribution layouts for commercial and residential developments.
6. Assist in developing distribution system designs for system improvements.
7. Assist in the engineering and implementation of substation modification projects.
C. Record Keeping
1. Maintain records of critical system equipment such as substation transformers, regulators, capacitors, and protective devices.
2. Maintain and offer improvements for the Substation Emergency Restoration Plan. Contact information, critical equipment
information, and action steps should be kept accurate to ensure a smooth recovery in the event of an emergency.
D. Other Duties
1. Develop a relationship with cooperative product/service providers to offer input and recommendations for improvement on tools
2. Keep the system model current to ensure accurate analysis.
3. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Sept. 2017: TRAVELING KANSAS is a local production from Smoky Hills Public Television that highlights communities, people and attractions across the state. This episode explores the past and present with a spotlight on the restoration of several historic buildings in Norton and the economic development efforts throughout the county.
NORTON COUNTY MAGAZINE (Est. 2011) Covering the people, life, history and commerce of Norton County! The Magazine is published quarterly. Thanks to great sponsors, the Norton County Magazine is free to Norton County residents in zip codes 67622, 67645, 67653 and 67654 as well as nearby community 67647. If you live in these zip code areas and are not receiving your issue, let us know. To subscribe, send your name, mailing address and email address to Norton County Magazine, PO Box 163, Norton, KS 67654 with your check made payable to Frontier Community Foundation. The rate is $24 per year for 4 issues. Carolyn Applegate, Editor. Contact Information: (785) 877-3968
17th Annual Norton Chamber Car Show DETAILS HERE
Norton County Community Foundation Awards $6,788 in June Grant Cycle PRESS RELEASE
Nex-Tech Update of its Continuous Learning Initiative. PRESS RELEASE
Norton County Community Foundation Awards $12,500 in April through the Emergency Grant Funding Program PRESS RELEASE
Norton Christian Church Launches Volunteer Delivery Program SEE PRESS RELEASE
Norton County Community Foundation Launches Emergency Grant Funding Program In Response to COVID-19 PRESS RELEASE HERE