The Norton County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for a full-time deputy sheriff’s position.
For applications, contact the Norton County Sheriff’s Office, PO Box 70, (105 South Kansas Ave), Norton Kansas 67654 or call 785-877-5780. E.O.E.
- Starting Salary is $19.00 an hour. Hourly pay may be higher based on qualifications and certifications.
- Benefits include overtime, sick leave, vacation, single health insurance, dental, optometry, retirement plan, uniforms and equipment.
- No experience required although candidates are expected to achieve a level of proficiency within 6 months.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, with no felony convictions and certain misdemeanor convictions, and be able to complete background and psychological exams.